Thursday, 22 December 2011

Too much to do



This is such a busy time, so much to do and so many  things I want to do. I start off with  plans, but never really achieve all of them.  Perhaps I set myself too many targets.

There were all the crafty things I was going to make for school and church Christmas fairs, well those didn't happen. Then it was  things for the home I  wanted to make.  I was watching Kirsty Allsopp's 'Handmade Christmas' on TV the other week and decided I would  make a vintage heart garland. I have all the fabric ready, but not enough time to make it.

This week I'm watching  all the Christmas cookery programmes on TV ( aren't there a lot of them?) and I'm wanting to make so many delicious looking things. A couple of days ago  I baked. I started with a plan--a list of things to bake,  but only managed  half of it. But I did make mince pies,  flapjacks, carrot cake and a deliciously, boozy, fruity chocolate made from the  left over fruit from the blackberry and raspberry gin which I bottled up last weekend. ( I think that recipe comes from Alys Fowler).  I watched Nigel Slater's 'Simple Christmas' and now I want to make those fruit and nut flapjacks. And I've just watched Kirsty Allsopp's 'Home for Christmas'  (that woman has a lot to answer for!)  Now I want to make a yule log!
 
But  there's still time yet to do more so who knows what I will create.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm exhausted just reading your list of baking :-)

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you too, Sarah

    ReplyDelete