Today was the sort of day to tempt you outside to do some gardening or go to the allotment. The snow had cleared and the sun was shining, it looked beautiful outside. But I knew better, the wind was howling and it was bitterly cold. We needed to go to the allotment though, not to work but to feed the cat and take some kitchen waste for the compost bin.
We checked the crops, some of the purple sprouting broccoli needed tying up to a stake. The wind had blown some wooden frames down onto the fruit bushes and while we were there some long planks of wood blew down across the path. Definitely not a safe place to be on a day like this!


The garden beds look great and ready to go!I can imagine your itching to start planting.. Will that be long away?
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea. As soon as the weather improves we will be planting potatoes, onions, garlic and sowing peas in those raised beds. We're having a really cold spell at the moment.
DeleteIt's already looking different to the last ones I saw of it. A lot more organised, but this weather really is crap for it. I'm surprised you are getting anything done. It's a long winter and it's not helping farmers is it? I heard Sheep are getting stuck in snow drift now and they are being lost. You'd have thought with a country like ours, they may have figured out how to counter some of this by now. Winter is hardley a surprise. Though I am getting a bit peed off with it!
ReplyDeleteI love those raised beds, if I ever get a garden big enough I shall do a section with raised beds like these. In answer to the stone circle, I have googled it and must say it looks so familiar that you are probably correct. This is an old old photo and I'm annoyed with myself for not making notes of where and when etc! x
ReplyDelete