We have a little tiny border at the side of our drive which at this time of year starts to burst into life. I call it the spring garden because it looks its best in the spring. There is a laburnum tree in the centre of it. It's on a bank and it's difficult to grow very much there. It's a shady spot, I tend to let whatever will grow just enjoy being there. A few years ago in an effort to improve the border I planted cyclamen, tete a tete daffodils, snowdrops, muscari, primroses. For later on I planted bluebells and aquilegia. I've tried growing other plants for later on in the year but nothing seems to grow. Once the laburnum comes into full leaf and flower the whole bed becomes shady and not much else will grow there. So I enjoy it while I can, in the spring. It's a place to stop and stare and take in those lovely spring colours as we pass by for a moment.
Thursday, 21 March 2013
Spring garden
We have a little tiny border at the side of our drive which at this time of year starts to burst into life. I call it the spring garden because it looks its best in the spring. There is a laburnum tree in the centre of it. It's on a bank and it's difficult to grow very much there. It's a shady spot, I tend to let whatever will grow just enjoy being there. A few years ago in an effort to improve the border I planted cyclamen, tete a tete daffodils, snowdrops, muscari, primroses. For later on I planted bluebells and aquilegia. I've tried growing other plants for later on in the year but nothing seems to grow. Once the laburnum comes into full leaf and flower the whole bed becomes shady and not much else will grow there. So I enjoy it while I can, in the spring. It's a place to stop and stare and take in those lovely spring colours as we pass by for a moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment