Thursday, 19 January 2012

A sadness




At this time of year around  January and February I start to feel a little bit sad.  Each year when I start to feel this way I wonder why.  And then at some point I remember.  I don't know why that every year, and it's now after 30 years, I should forget and then remember.  

But when I realise why I am feeling so down I always start to feel a little bit better in myself.  And I do something to make me feel better. I buy some flowers, because she loved flowers. I buy  not just any flowers but  flowers that she would have liked.  She wanted garden flowers at her funeral, but she died in February a time when there was little in the garden except snowdrops. So I buy or cut from the garden snowdrops and early daffodils and they remind me of her.



2 comments:

  1. A beautiful thing to do. I get the same sort of feeling around when my dad died...he wasnt particularly taken with flowers but he did enjoy being grumpy...so I have a good shout at Question Time in his memory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That did make me laugh, Mark! But I'm sure your dad would be really pleased to know that his memory was living on in that way.

      Delete