Saturday, 21 January 2012

Pots of spring cheer



One of my favourite plants at this time of year is the dwarf daffodil, Narcissus Tete-a Tete.  They are available now in pots to buy from garden centres and florists. I have them in the garden and in containers with spring bedding and will probably be planting out more in the next few weeks.  They are so colourful and will brighten up any dull spot in the garden.

They can also be grown indoors and that's what I have been buying them for this week. At this time of year when the days can be really dull and dreary they are great for bringing a bit of spring cheer to the house.
I re pot them into clear glass vases, pretty pots or even jam jars and they look lovely.

When they've finished flowering I just plant them out in the garden and they'll flower again next year.

6 comments:

  1. They're lovely Margaret, so bright and cheerful, and as you say look lovely indoors. I must buy some myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also last longer than a bunch of flowers

      Delete
  2. I think I need to do this! They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got those from The Flower Shop in Clitheroe

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful. I love daffodils. They always remind me spring is really coming. Beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love daffodils, they are my favourite spring flower

      Delete