Sunday, 2 July 2017

Through the garden gate--June



June was a busy month for us as we moved house. No time for gardening, but now I am getting settled in our new house I am gradually starting on the garden.

So maybe you need a tour of our new garden. The front and side gardens are quite pretty and have been well maintained. There are shrubs and a few flowers. In the front garden by the front door is a hydrangea.  There are lots of flower heads yet to open. I am waiting to see what colour they are.


There is a giant scabious in the border which I have been cutting to bring in the house and add to my shop bought flowers. I don't normally buy flowers, I have always had enough to cut from the garden, so I will have to get planting so that next year I will have plants for cutting.


We brought lots of plants from our other house and I have the chance to go back for cuttings as our daughter now lives in our previous house. This could take some time though. I would like to plant up the front garden with more flowers to give it a more cottage garden look. 



One plant I have not been able to identify is this. It smells lovely and I am wondering if it is ginger mint


The back of our new house needs some work doing. It is just a lawn and it slopes. But we have plans, it is a project we will be working on for some time.

Holly the cat is settling into her new home and enjoys sitting at the kitchen door looking out at her new territory.



This monthly 'Through the garden gate' post  is hosted by Sarah at Down by the Sea

3 comments:

  1. Exciting times and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see the first pictures of your new garden. It's looks as if you already have some good plants in the garden. It's a shame we don't live closer, that scabious looks wonderful! Thanks for taking part with all the extra work you have had in moving! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A house is just a home without a cat in it.
    We have just adopted a rescue cat - Zoe is still inside till she gets used to us, Thomas, and this is her home.

    ReplyDelete