It's that time of year when the snowdrops start to appear. They pop up all over the place. There are drifts of them in our local park. Down the lane where we walk every morning we see clumps of them peeping out from the garden of the house on the corner. There are more clumps which have escaped into the hedgerow along the lane. I have some in the garden and at the allotment and every year I plant a few more in the hope of getting a lovely display.
The snowdrop seems to be loved by so many people. For me they are a sign that life goes on, they appear at a dark time of year, one of the first flowers of the year and a promise of more to come. They grow, they flower, they die down, they have a rest then they come back again. I suppose that's true for many more flowers, but the snowdrop comes to life at a time of year which is quite gloomy It's a reminder of that hope which we so often need at this time of the year, a promise that Spring isn't too far off.
Into a dark world
a snowdrop comes
a blessing
of hope and peace
carrying within it
a green heart
symbol of God's renewing love



I think snowdrops have a special place as they offer promise that spring is just around the corner.
ReplyDeleteYes, Sue especially on a day like today which is really cold and sleeting
DeleteSnowdrops are such a symbol of hope ! It always lifts the heart to see them in the gloom of winter.
ReplyDeleteThere's something about snowdrops which everyone loves.
DeleteYou have snowdrops! How wonderful. So beautiful. It will a little while before I see ours.
ReplyDeleteThat's something to look forward to, Bren
ReplyDelete