Friday, 9 December 2011

Buying the Christmas Tree



One of the best times for me as we approach Christmas is always the the weekend we buy the Christmas tree. It's always been a special event in our family and one where I get really excited.  I absolutely love it. There's always the decision of where we will go to buy it.  Then the choosing of it is really important, it has to be the right shape, the right type and size. Once we've chosen and bought it, getting it in the car is always an event. Even now when our children have left home I still love buying the Christmas tree.

Today we went out to buy the tree.  For the last few years we've always gone to the same garden centre, but this year we decided to go somewhere different but still local. It was different because it had a cafe, so we had lunch first which was really lovely. Then we went to look at the trees. After much wandering around the many trees available we chose a 7ft Nordman. These are the non drop variety. They still drop a few needles but not so much as to be a problem as long as they are kept watered.



Whilst my husband paid for the tree and got it in the car, I wandered around the garden centre. And what did I find but some reindeer.




Santa wasn't there, but his sleigh was.  I think he works there on Saturdays and is busy elsewhere during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment