Thursday, 8 September 2011

Mustard seeds





 If you read my blog last week,  fairies, blackberries and toadstools you will know that my grandchildren marked out their names in a seed tray of compost and sowed mustard seeds. I was quite surprised to see that the seeds were starting to germinate 2 days later. So today, a week later they were looking very green.




 But as you can see we overdid the seed sowing a bit!  However after a bit of thinning out, tweaking and trimming, their names are a bit more recognisable. Hoping they'll like this when they come home from school later.

I don't think I'd be any good at topiary!



2 comments:

  1. I looked at the first picture and thought 'oh dear!' but then I saw the next picture. You can clearly see their names, and they'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah, yes they did like it. We might try it again one day, as it won't last forever.

    ReplyDelete