Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Not a good day

Yesterday was a bad day for me.  It rained and rained all day, horrible drizzly rain, and it was windy too. I got wet and cold taking the grandchildren to school even though we went in the car ( we normally walk as it's not far).  I got wet again when I went out to the shops. My waterproof was dripping wet, my jeans were soaked, my trainers were wet and so was my hair.  I had to change my clothes, dry my hair and hang my waterproof to drip dry next to the radiator.

Later, I had to go up to school again for the children. We battled against the wind, rushing to get to the car, trying to keep our hoods over our heads, my grandson ignoring my request for him not to splash in the puddles. Then I realised he had left his lunch bag in school and we had to go back to get it. Aargh!

Finally  home, the children decided to annoy me in a big way.  I did at one point wonder if they had eaten or drank something at school which had put their hyperactive levels up. Well anyway, it got me wound up. Later when they had gone home and I reflected on the day, I felt bad for having got so cross with them. Maybe I was tired, or perhaps the rain had got too much for me.

So tomorrow when they are with me again I will try to be a better Nana and have more patience. I also hope it doesn't rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment