The allotment is new and needs a huge amount of work doing to it and we're desperate to get some areas ready for growing by the autumn. We also really love going there, it's something new, a challenge and it's great to see progress.
But every time we leave home to go off to the allotment I feel the garden pulling me back. I can almost hear it saying, "Don't forget me, I need attention too!"
I haven't forgotten the garden. I walk around each day looking at all the jobs which need doing and seeing what flowers are currently in bloom. I really miss it. There are so many flowers out now that I feel I'm not enjoying them as I should. I want to say, " Hang on in there, I'll be back with you soon!" because before long they will be gone for another year. When we return home from the allotment I greet the garden like an old friend. I feel happy to see it again and realise how much I've missed it.
I know I'm lucky to have both a garden an an allotment, so I'm not complaining. I just wish I had more time for both.



I was pondering the very same yesterday up at the alllotment! The weather's been so awful that everything needs attention now :/
ReplyDeleteAt least with the warmer weather and extra light there's more time in the evenings. I'm enjoying sitting in the garden at dusk listening to the evening bird chorus and enjoying the scents around me :)
Hi Michelle. Yes it's so important I think to have times when you just sit and enjoy your garden. I love warm evenings when we can sit outside.
DeleteAllotment? Very nice site! Cam
ReplyDelete