Friday, 27 May 2011

Walking round my garden


There's nothing quite like walking round the garden with a mug of  tea, seeing how everything is growing. It's part of my morning routine when the weather is fine. My garden is not massive, I hasten to add, but it's very full of plants, a bit messy really, plants tumbling into one another. So there's a lot to look at.


I spend a lot of time working in the garden, but those times I'm concentrating on the job I'm doing and don't  notice the other things.

It's when I'm walking round that I spot those first newly opened flowers, the plant I'd given up on just starting to emerge from the soil, vegetable seeds starting to germinate, or decide a plant is in the wrong place and make a mental note to move it when the time is right. It's when I get inspiration for a new planting scheme or my next project, or just see jobs that need doing.  But it's also a time for me and my thoughts, to just relax, wander around enjoying and appreciating.


 Like thinking how lovely these lamb's ears look against the yellow Alchemilla .

 Or noticing these interesting seed heads of the Pasque flower.

 And spotting the first of these beautiful blue Geraniums,

 this  gorgeous Knautia macedonia,

 and this bee.

4 comments:

  1. What a FAB garden Margaret, wish we had one like it but with Chickens it just wont happen!
    Nice to see Bees visiting your garden, you are growing the right plants to attract, especially Blue & Purple colours the Bees favorite. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ian. I'm sure you wouldn't be without your chickens now. We do have lots of bees in the garden which we're really pleased about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually we are working on the front garden now, already cut down a Laylandii tree, which was getting far too tall. So planning a new look for it now, will put Lilac's & an Acer in it's place. So will look very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds lovely. The lilac will smell divine. We have a Leylandii in the back garden which is far too big, needs cutting down

    ReplyDelete